- 20 dove breast halves, boneless with skin removed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning or Hi-Mountain Fajita Seasoning
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced fire roasted chilies (Ortega type)
- 7 medium-sized firm tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded jack cheese
- Toss doves in olive oil and then season liberally with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a heavy duty pan on high heat until very hot. Add dove breasts and cook on each side until well-browned, but not cooked past rare to medium-rare. Remove doves from pan and allow to cool.
- Slice tomatoes into 20 slices. Place cooked dove on tomato, top with diced chilies and jack cheese.
- Place under a preheated broiler until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
SHOW COMMENTS ( )