For a family gathering of six to eight people, allow six or more breast fillets (two fillets per turkey), depending on the size of the birds.
I recommend using my Wild Boar Sausage Stuffing Recipe for this dish. Prepare the stuffing and allow it to cool completely before stuffing the butterflied wild turkey breasts. There should be enough stuffing left over to serve as a side dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 cup stuffing
- 4 wild turkey breast halves, boneless and butterflied (skin on or off)
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon strips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season wild turkey breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Place a ¼ cup of stuffing evenly on each turkey breast. Starting from one end, roll breast tightly, tucking in the ends with your fingertips as you roll. If the fillets are skinless, wrap a few strips of bacon around the outside for added fat and flavor.
4. Place each breast, seam side down, in a greased shallow baking dish. Cover with lid or foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the size of the breasts. With skin-on fillets, make sure the skin is crispy before removing from the oven.
5. When cooked, allow breasts to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.