Use this Wild Boar Sausage Stuffing Recipe to stuff butterflied wild turkey breasts or serve it as a savory side dish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground wild boar sausage
- 1 ½ large onions, diced
- 2 small, trimmed, thinly-sliced leeks
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 quart cornbread croutons
- 1 tablespoon fresh, minced sage leaves (or substitute ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage)
- ¾ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Cook wild boar sausage in an oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven until evenly browned. Break apart until crumbled.
2. Add onions, leeks, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly browned.
3. Add cornbread stuffing and toss well.
4. Add sage, parsley, broth and eggs; toss to coat evenly. Season with additional salt and pepper.
5. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving as a side dish, or allow to cool completely if stuffing into wild turkey breasts.