Yield: 8 tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 1 pound venison shoulder, cubed
- Southwestern seasoning (recommended: Hi Mountain Fajita Seasoning)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- Cilantro leaves, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
1. Rub the southwestern seasoning all over the venison shoulder and place meat in the bottom of your slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
2. Once the meat is cooked through and tender, scoop venison onto tortillas with a slotted spoon. Top with chopped sweet onion, cilantro leaves and a big squeeze of lime. Pop the cap off your favorite frothy beverage and enjoy!