Once you’ve slow-smoked pig shoulders, the pulled meat makes excellent stuffing for tacos, enchiladas and any other Southwestern or Mexican dishes that calls for tender shredded meat. You can also do the same process in an oven or covered grill and with any part of the pig.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups pulled wild pig meat
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced tomato
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add wild pig, cumin, oregano leaves, chili powder and diced tomato. Cook for 5 minutes more, stirring often to blend flavors.
2. Distribute stuffing evenly in the middle of the tortillas. Top these tacos with lettuce, cheese and tomato according to your preference. Serve and enjoy.