This parsley-based popular sauce from Argentina pairs nicely with meaty recipes like this Grilled Marinated Caribou Venison Sirloin Recipe. In this particular chimichurri recipe, cilantro is a key ingredient giving the sauce a fresh and almost citrus-like taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: 2 hours
- 1 pound venison
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
1. In a large non-metal bowl, combine ¼ teaspoon of salt, red wine vinegar, garlic, jalapeño and onion. Allow ingredients to marry for 10 minutes.
2. Next, stir in cilantro, parsley and oregano. Then whisk in oil. Season marinade with salt, to taste. Reserve some of the sauce for serving later.
3. Add venison to the marinade and coat thoroughly. Marinate covered for at least 2 hours.