Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds ground venison sausage (20-percent fat; antelope or whitetail)
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15)
- 1 (2.83-ounce) package McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak sauce mix-in
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Vidalia onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, etc.
1. Mix venison sausage, ground beef, Montreal Steak seasoning, Seasoned Salt, black pepper and cooking oil together in a bowl. After toughly mixed, allow mixture to sit until close to room temperature.
2. Begin to preheat grill to medium-high heat, then form ground venison mixture into patties, size and thickness should be to your liking.
3. Grill patties until desired doneness. Remember, this mixture does contain pork, so medium-well to well-done is advised.
4. A minute or so before removing patties from the grill, add one or two slices of cheddar cheese. Remove patties from grill when meat is done and cheese is melted.
5. Serve venison patties immediately on toasted buns with favorite toppings: lettuce, onion and tomato slices, mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup.
Editor’s Note: Sandy’s Hot & Spicy BBQ Sauce with a fried onion ring on top will take this venison burger to a whole new level.